SARS Branch Locator and Queue Times
SARS has introduced a new webpage to help taxpayers. It locates the nearest branch and also provides taxpayers with information on how many people are in the queue and the average time it is taking to deal with a query.
Some functions seem to work only intermittently but if you need to visit SARS, give it a try by following these steps -
- Click http://www.sars.gov.za/Contact/Pages/Check%20the%20shortest%20queue.aspx
- If a Windows Security box pops up, click “Cancel”
- Click on the link in “Step 1” to the “Branch Locator” page
- Ignore the map, click on your Province in the black menu bar at the top e.g. “Eastern Cape”
- Then click on your nearest branch in the same black menu bar e.g. “East-London”
- “Best times to queue” is at the bottom of the page.
There is also useful information included on the branch such as languages spoken, services offered, contact numbers and office hours. Finally, you can get directions to the SARS branch.
Although South Africa is slipping down in the rankings, the auditing and reporting standards section once again ranks South Africa as the best in the world. This is the fifth straight year of being the number one ranked country. As the tennis ace Pete Sampras used to say: “A good player can win Wimbledon but only a great player wins it again”. We can stand very proud here as this award has repeatedly gone to South Africa.